Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Axioms of Web Design


It was difficult choosing a website to critique, but I thought "Out of Africa" would be relevant to my own personal timeline. I recently visited this wildlife habitat on my birthday last week and it was a wonderful experience. I visited the website before leaving for my trip and it was an easy website to navigate. In order to make sure this website is effective, applying the axioms of webdesign is crucial. 
First, the mission of the "Out of Africa" park is clearly stated underneath the "About the Park" tab. They clearly state that the conservation of the animals and making sure each and every guest has fun, yet walks away with broader knowledge of the animal kingdom, is their mission. Secondly, I believe the habitat uses a strong page design. What I mean by this is that each corner is properly aligned and even the boxes within the larger navigational boxes are aligned. Symmetry is very important when it comes to structure and drawing an audience into a websites homepage. The third axiom of web design consists of a strong picture in the lower right hand corner. The habitat does not follow this rule, but I do believe the large picture advertisements that is off centered is also effective. Also, I do believe the background for this website is relevant and effective. This background leads us to the fourth axiom of webdesign and that is leading the eye through an angle. This website is predominantly led by a diagonal line, because of the background and the horizon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment